- Miss Chinese (Toronto) Pageant 2021 (“the Contest”) is organized by Fairchild Television Ltd. (“the Organizer”). It is open to female contestants who satisfy the requirement set out below (“the Contestant”). The Contest consists of selection interviews and the Final. The Winner of the Contest will represent Toronto to compete in the “Miss Chinese International Pageant 2022” organized by HK-TVB in Hong Kong.
- The Organizer may in its absolute discretion produce a television program on the Contest and broadcast the same by television, internet and any other media format.
- The Contestant hereby applies to participate in Contest on the terms and conditions hereinafter appearing.
To be eligible to participate in the Contest, the Contestant must fulfill each of the following requirements:
- The Contestant must be female;
- In order to be eligible for “Miss Chinese International Pageant 2022” in Hong Kong, the Contestant shall have attained the age of 17 on or before August 1, 2021 and shall not have attained the age of 28 on or before February 28, 2022 (by Western reckoning);
- The Contestant must be resident of Canada and have reside in Canada for a continuous period of six months or an accumulated period of one year or more on the day that she signs the Application Form;
- The Contestant must be nominated by a person who fulfills all the requirements set out under paragraph #3;
- The Contestant must not be bound by any contract which will prevent her from entering the contract with the Organizer referred to in paragraph #6;
- The Contestant must not be an employee, or an immediate family member of an employee of the Organizer, Fairchild Television or the Co-organizers, Talentvision TV, Fairchild Radio and Popular Lifestyle Entertainment Magazine;
- The Contestant must be a person:
i) who has never been through any ceremony either valid or invalid, whether civil, religious, customary or tribal which is recognized as a marriage ceremony in any part of the world;
ii) who has never been pregnant
- All Contestants are required to participate in all promotional activities and trainings arranged by the Organizer. The Organizer retains the right to disqualify any absentee.
3. The Nominator
The Nominator of the Contestant must fulfill the following requirement:
- The Nominator must have known the Contestant personally on the day that the Contestant signs the Application Form;
- The Nominator must be at least 21 years of age (by Western reckoning) on the day that the Contestant signs the Application Form;
- The Nominator must be a Canadian resident or citizen;
- The Nominator may have to appear in person in the television program on the Contest to be produced by the Organizer when required to do so by the Organizer;
- Each Nominator can only nominate one Contestant;
- The Nominator must not be an employee, or an immediate family member of an employee of the Organizer, Fairchild Television or the Co-organizers, Talentvision TV, Fairchild Radio and Popular Lifestyle Entertainment Magazine.
4. Entry Procedure
- The Contestant must complete and sign the section of the form entitled “Application Form (For Contestant)”.
- The Nominator must complete and sign the section of the form entitled “Nomination Form (For Nominator)”.
- When the Application Form and Nomination Form have been completed and signed in the aforesaid manner, the Contestant must return them to the Organizer together with the following:
i) two postcard size photographs of the Contestant; one half body portrait and one full body portrait.
ii) copy of photo ID
- The Contestant must submit the above online (www.TorontoChinesePageant.com) before 6pm or in person to the following address on August 30th, 2021, between the hours of 2pm-6pm:
35 East Beaver Creek Road, Unit 8, Richmond Hill
Ontario L4B 1B3
For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Contestant must immediately prepare the original documents referred to in paragraph 4(C) above for inspection by the Organizer when requested.
- The Organizer will consider all received applications, and selected applicants will be contacted to attend the interviews at the time(s) and place(s) designated by the Organizer.
- The Contestant must be accompanied by her Nominator when attending the first interview.
- The Organizer will select some Contestants to participate in the Final of the Contest after the interviews.
6. The Contest
As a condition precedent to the Contestant participating in the Final of the Contest, the Contestant selected from the interviews must enter into an agreement contract with the Organizer.
- The Contestant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Organizer may in its absolute discretion:
i) request her to produce evidence of her residency;
ii) request documents of identity outside of Canada other than landed immigrant documents, Canadian Citizenship or Passport under paragraph #2(C) or #3 (C);
iii) withdraw the Contestant from the interviews, and the Finalist of the Contest (as the case may be) without assigning any reasons despite the fact that she may have been selected to participate;
iv) change or cancel the scheduled date(s) of the interviews and the Final of the Contest.
- The Contestant further acknowledges and agrees that the property and all copyright of the photographs and the photocopies of the document referred to in paragraph #4(C) shall pass to the Organizer on her submitting the Application Form. She shall not demand the return of the same under any circumstances.
The Contestant hereby warrants and undertakes that all the information supplied by her and the Nominator in the Application Form is true and accurate.
The Application Form is written in both English and Chinese. The Contestant understands that the Chinese translation is for reference purpose only and in the event of conflict between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
The terms and conditions herein contained shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with laws of Canada.
Fairchild Television Ltd. shall retain the Contestant’s personal information for promotional and production use for Miss Chinese (Toronto) Pageant 2021.
All information shall be kept confidential